Monday, January 29, 2007

Sad News

I am sad to learn this morning that we have lost a hero to the Social Justice movement. Father Drinan was a man of strong principles and commitment to the Common Good. A true champion in Congress for the least of these. I once had the opportunity to personally visit with Fr. Drinan on a project I was working on. I have always felt blessed that this busy man was humble enough to take the time to speak to somebody he did not even know, and even more, care about the work I was doing. Thank you Father.

The Rev. Robert F. Drinan , who left Boston College's administration to become the first Roman Catholic priest elected to Congress and who in 1973 filed the initial impeachment resolution against President Richard M. Nixon, died yesterday at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C. He was 86.

Read More